Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Lucy Boston Revisited

I was really, really tempted by a new Block of the Month starting in June that involved hand piecing, EPP, hand appliqué and embroidery.  I have to make my decision by tomorrow whether or not to sign up for it.  I resisted temptation!  I remembered that I already have a hand piecing project that I started a long time ago and really need to finish!  I've been stumped over how to finish it, so it has sat in a project box on my shelf for quite some time. I hand pieced 30 blocks from the Patchwork of the Crosses pattern, a quilt made by Lucy Boston way back when. It has been a popular quilt to recreate.  If I had English Paper Pieced the quilt, I might have continued on and finished it, but after hand piecing 30 blocks, I'm ready to call it good and find a way to finish it up. I debated on how to do that and finally, today, decided to hand appliqué the blocks onto a background square.  I have some ideas for a setting - I'll decided that once I get the blocks all appliquéd and squared up.  Today I painstakingly pressed the seam allowances on the outer edge of 16 of the blocks.  I think for me, it will take less time to hand appliqué the blocks to a background, than to continue hand piecing the background.  We shall see!  At least, after several years, I'm doing something!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment