Thursday, May 6, 2021

A Great Week for Quilting

It has been a great week for quilting! Yesterday, my miniature quilt group, the Little Bits, met for the first time in a looooooong time.  Some of these ladies I haven't seen in well over a year!  It was SO nice to get together at Kathy's house in Loma.  We had a wonderful time catching up on life and seeing what everyone has been working on.  Sherida made this wooly Hare art piece.


She also made this Lenore Crawford art quilt from a workshop she took through AQUA awhile back.



It couldn't have been more peaceful and relaxing sitting in Kathy's yard.  (We may need to retire to a ranch out in Loma - it's very pretty and quiet there! 😂). The laughing face is because I can't really see myself on a ranch....

We also shared memories of our dear friend June, a long time member of our group who passed away suddenly and unexpectedly just a few weeks ago.  She has quite the sense of humor, so we had some fun stories to share.  The quilt on the table was made by June for Sherida, a few years ago.


Sherida's Aspen quilt, which she said was a kit from Keepsake Quilters.


I'm not sure I've heard of the Eyes of Aspens before - very cool!



93 year old Annie, the fearless leader of the group made these miniature landscape art pieces!  Beautiful!




Kathy painted a barn quilt block for her barn!


And she is working on this beautiful quilt!

Today, I went to Wool Gatherer's at Hi Fashion.  I haven't been to that class in a loooong time either! Catching up with quilting friends two times in one week!  Lucky me! 😊❤️



 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I’m so saddened to see your post and hear about June. And it’s wonderful to see photos of Sherida and her creations and see Annie’s artwork! I miss you all and the wonderful inspiration that you all provide. Please pass on my greetings the next time that you meet and I hope that you’re doing well❣️
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I’m so saddened to see your post and hear about June. And it’s wonderful to see photos of Sherida and her creations and see Annie’s artwork! I miss you all and the wonderful inspiration that you all provide. Please pass on my greetings the next time that you meet and I hope that you’re doing well❣️
    Lori

    ReplyDelete