Friday, October 8, 2021

Worldwide Quilt Parade

AQS and Gammill sponsored an online Worldwide Quilt Parade. Quilters could submit quilts made between January 2020 and September 2021.  The show can be viewed online as pictures or there are several slide shows set to music - which is a nice way to view the quilts as well.  Here is the link to the AQS Blog and the pictures and slide shows:

http://www.aqsblog.com/worldwide-quilt-parade



 I submitted my Folk Tails quilt that I was able to finish during 2020.  It is on blogpost #4 and slideshow #4.  After it "aired" I received a letter from the publisher of the AQS Quilt Art Engagement calendar asking me to submit pictures and details for possible inclusion in one of their calendar publications!  That is exciting.  I submitted the information and picture of this quilt, as well as a couple of others, so we'll see.  I do love that calendar.  I most often buy the desk calendar each year and enjoy turning the page every week to see a new quilt and read about how it was constructed and who made it.

Today I worked on some decluttering, in my clothes closet as well as quilting books and patterns.  Two areas that have been bothering me lately!  Now I really need to work on my kitchen!

We've been enjoying some rain today too.  Mike calls this a Cat and the Hat kind of day... 😊

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt. I have had 3 quilts for 3 years in that calendar. Just received 2022 this week and mailed my quilt for photo in the 2023 calendar. klaudeen is great to work with and you get one free if your quilt is accepted.

    Sharon in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! I'll be sure to look for your quilt in 2022's 😊

    ReplyDelete