Sunday, November 19, 2023

A Few Finishes

A couple of years ago my friend Michelle and I went to the Houston Quilt Festival and both fell in love with this booth full of bags designed and patterned by Jinhee Kim of By Hands.  

https://byhandsusa.com

I bought two kits there and finally this month completed one!  It's called the Puzzle Bag and can be found on their website.  I'm not a bag maker generally, so thankfully this one wasn't too hard to make.  I've also just noticed that they have good instructional videos on their website!  Now I'm excited to make the second one, probably after the first of the year.  I gave this one to a dear friend who is always so kind and generous and she LOVED it, which made it all the better! 😊


My friend Rena finished her Rooted (Sue Spargo) quilt!  She bought the book and used her own fabrics and I have to say, I really like the lighter color background wools on hers.  It's so pretty, it's really tempting me to make one...


I made "Santa sacks" to wrap my grandchildren's Christmas gifts in. My Mom made some years ago for our kids (we still have them!) and every year they looked forward to getting them again with new goodies inside.  I'm hoping our grandkids will have the same fond memories of theirs.  Their names are appliquéd on the other side. 😊


That's what I've been working on - what about you??



 

No comments:

Post a Comment