Saturday, September 12, 2026

Bancroft Elementary

I always thought I started quilting after we moved to Grand Junction, but as I was looking through old pictures I found these quilts that a friend of mine and I put together way back in the early 90's for my oldest daughter's first elementary school.  If I remember correctly, my friend came up with the idea of having all the kids at school (with their family) create a house block.  I think most of them were drawn or colored.  Then she and I put them together into what was supposed to be one quilt but ended up being three!  These first two pictures are the same quilt, the middle is a different quilt and the last two pictures are of the same quilt.  The kids in the pictures are mine and my son just turned 40 - I think he was four in these pictures. Wow!  Time flies!  I guess I was destined to be a quilter 🄰

I wonder where these quilts are now?  Still hanging at the school?






 

No comments:

Post a Comment