Sunday, May 6, 2018

UQSM - Salt Lake City


I just returned yesterday from a trip up to Salt Lake City.  I mostly went up to see my family who lives there, but I did happen to spend one day at the Utah Quilting and Sewing Marketplace, formally the Home Machine Quilt Show.  It was still great, with a lot of wonderful vendors and fantastic quilts but it was a little more sparse this year.  Hopefully it's just the transition from the "old" show to the "new" one.  I ran into at least nine people from Grand Junction so that was fun!  It sounded like they were doing their own little shop hop too - can't go wrong there!
My daughter Megan finished up her wool appliqué bunny - so cute!
Speaking of wool - I met Amy McClellan who designed the Woodland Whimsy quilt I'm working on.  She had a booth there and was so nice - it was fun to meet her.  I told her it felt like I knew her already, as I've been watching her online video classes all year.  She had a finished Woodland Whimsy quilt hanging in her booth and let me take a picture of it to get some quilting ideas.
I also attended one of her lectures entitled How to Find Stuff in your Sewing Room - or something like that.  In other words, how to have a more organized sewing space so you can find everything!  She had some great tips and the topic fits right in with the Spring Clean Your Studio Blog Hop!  Have you been following along?  If so, today head on over to:
http://artschooldropout.net/blog/

Check out the beautiful ORANGE flower my husband gave me!  Brightens my day :).

No comments:

Post a Comment