Monday, January 14, 2019

The Labyrinth Quilt


Awhile ago I shared a picture of this quilt made by my friend Sherida.  I just love this quilt - it's so amazing to me!  She had it quilted by Laurie Gerse.
Laurie used black batting which was a really smart idea and sewed on the binding for Sherida. If you notice in the picture below, she left quite a bit of batting outside the edge of the binding.  She told Sherida that when the binding is tacked down it will be nice and full and tight, which is what they are looking for in show quilts.  I thought this was a good tip!  I usually get my binding fuller by using a 3/8 inch seam instead of a 1/4 inch seam, but this would work great if you don't want to sew in more than a quarter inch into your quilt top.  Great job Sherida, and Laurie!  I love this quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment