Wednesday, July 3, 2019

And ... Day Three!

On Saturday morning of our weekend in Chicago Jonathan took us to play Whirly Ball.  This was SO MUCH FUN and harder than it looks!  You drive around in bumper cars, two teams, and try to shoot your ball at the target.  Kind of like basketball on wheels.  I couldn't believe how much fun this was - we all enjoyed it.  I smooshed a couple of balls by running them over with my bumper car - that tells you how good I was! It was great fun though - I'm ready to play again next time we visit 😊

Did I mention that you can't touch the ball with your hands?  You have to use these scooper/racket thingies....


Next we hit the Magnificent Mile and the girls went to the American Girl Doll store, which is something I've wanted to do ever since my girls were little!  There is one in Denver now that we've been to, but I think the one in Chicago was the first.  My granddaughter briefly checked out the dolls, then went right to the pets! She picked out a cute little dog that she named Jager to buy with her own money.  So sweet 💖



The boys hit the Do-Rite Donut shop for the BEST donuts EVER!  Did I mention that we went three times during our short stay in Chicago??  Yep, they are worth the calories....






Also had to make a stop at the LEGO store!!






We then walked down to the park and had a great time taking pictures at the "Bean".  You can see there are a lot more people there on a Saturday!


The picture below is the under side of the Bean, looking up, as we walked under it to the other side.


This girl is so strong she can hold herself up!!


An interesting new take on a family photo!




We finished the night off with a cruise on the lake, complete with fireworks!  So pretty!



No comments:

Post a Comment