Monday, August 26, 2019

Shoppin' Along the Rockies


A week ago today I was at The Quilt Show taping in Denver!  My husband and I make a little road trip out of it, as we first went to a family reunion in Logan, Utah, then drove up through Wyoming and over to Denver for the taping (which was great fun, as always!), then decided to drive through Rocky Mountain National Park on the way home.  We got to go to several towns in Colorado along the way that we had never been to before and yes, we stopped at every quilt store we could find along the way!  My husband is great about stopping 😊

None of these towns were very big, but there were some fabulous quilt shops!  The first one we stopped at was in Lyons - Lyons Quilting.  This quilt shop used to be a restaurant and it's BIG!  And they have a LOT of fabric!  Fun fabric too, lot's of Kaffe Fasset, bright, pretty stuff.  I enjoyed spending a little time in there!  As I've mentioned before, quilt shops have the nicest bathrooms, so when you're on a road trip - why stop at a gas station when you can stop at a quilt shop??  They all tend to have nice husband waiting areas too!



Our next stop was Estes Park, which has two quilt shops.  The first one we went to was The Quilter's Den, which is right across the hall from The Stitcher's Den.  The Quilter's Den recently had a burst pipe and a flood, so they are in the process of putting that store back together and really didn't have much at the moment.  The Stitcher's Den, however, was a fabulous store full of yarns and threads for knitting, crocheting and all other types of needle work.



Also in Estes Park is Cottage Bliss, which is about half quilt store and half gift shop.  I really loved this little shop!  The fabric was all scattered around the store amongst the gifts and everything was displayed beautifully (I wish I would've taken a picture of the inside, but I was too busy shopping!). There are all kinds of fun unique gifts, for that person you have a hard time buying for.  I could have spent all day in there.  It smelled good too because some of the gifts were sachets and soaps.  Mmmmm.....



After hiking in the national park and driving through the park we stopped in Grand Lake for a late lunch and stopped in Cabin Quilts & Stitches.  This shop is also half quilt shop, half gift shop, but it's more divided - the entire upstairs is quilt shop and the downstairs is gift shop.  Lots of fun things in the shop too - a little gnome came home with me....

I did get some pictures of the inside this time!



Don't you love these gnomes??
I headed right upstairs to the quilt shop!
I forgot to mention the Vera Bradley bags!






The Fabric Nook in Granby was another great little shop!!  This is a small town of about 2000 people.  I'm so impressed with their quilt shop!

Here is a little picture of the inside and in the picture above you can see how cute it is on the outside too!

(I'm running out of places to hide my fabric, by the way...)



In Steamboat Springs, we went to Sew Steamboat, another fun little shop 😊

We did some more hiking in Steamboat too and stayed the night there - had a great time, what a great town.


I saw this tea towel and had to get a picture of it.





And we had to step into Fuzziwig's Candy Factory for a treat for the drive home.  I noticed that taffy was a big thing in all these small towns - homemade taffy - yum!





The picture above shows my little haul of goodies that I brought home with me from this little shopping adventure.


Our last stop on this Shop Hop was at The Quilter's Quest in Craig.  The shop is in the back of the Chiropractor's office - the owner of the shop is the wife of the Chiropractor - and guess what?  If you have an off hour fabric emergency, you can just head to the Chiropractor's office!  How great is that?



I just had a ton of fun on this little road trip and we had a great time at The Quilt Show taping too.  I'll share some pictures of that in the next few days.
Have a nice Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment