Friday, November 8, 2019

Happy 88th Birthday!!




Today is my mother-in-law Ruth's 88th birthday!  A great big happy birthday wish is being sent to her!😊❤️👑🥳

This summer we celebrated her "Almost 90" party with a fun family reunion!  She is and always has been a wonderful mother-in-law!

It's been kind of a crazy week.  Most of the week I've been sick with a head cold.  I'm finally beginning to feel a lot better today.  We drove over to Denver earlier in the week.  I don't recommend all the altitude changes with a head cold.  It didn't help my ears at all!  However we did get to go to the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum and see the English Paper Pieced exhibit, in which my Millefiori quilt is hanging!  It was fun to see it hanging in a museum amongst so many beautiful quilts.

The next few days I will be sharing some pictures from the exhibit.  My plan is to group them together by patterns, so you can see what a huge difference fabric selection makes. Different fabric choices can make the same pattern and design look so different that you can hardly tell it is the same pattern.  That's one thing I love about quilting.  Ten of us can take a class, make the same pattern and all ten quilts will look totally different.  Here is a picture of me, with my Millefiori quilt, at the museum 😊 If I look kind of sickly it is because I was, and my ears were probably all stopped up too...

The museum is in Golden, Colorado - but at a new location since I last visited.
We were told they've been at this new location for about three years now.


If you can see my stitches, I'm just going to say it's "good form" 😊


Stay tuned for the pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment