Monday, November 4, 2019

Needle Keep




Last week was a busy week!  I taught a couple of classes at Black Sheep and one was the Needle Keep.  It was only the second class so there were still stitches to learn, but some of the more experienced stitchers were able to complete theirs.



Lisa's (above and to the right) was amazing.  I especially loved this little basket of flowers that she stitched over one of her wool circles, using the Open Buttonhole Filler Stitch, ruched roses with silk ribbon and chain stitched stems.  SO creative!



Rena, not only finished her needle keep but decided to make another Summer Blooms Bag for her daughter.  Instead of putting flowers on both sides though, she created a beautiful mountain scene with wool for the back.  The front is pictured below.  Also VERY creative!




I'm working away on Christmas presents, with the help of my little sheep and pig on top of my machine. 😄  I'll have to wait and share a better picture of this after Christmas - I don't want to ruin the surprise!





My youngest son recently traveled to Portugal and Italy and brought me back a thimble from the Amalfi Coast!  I love it!  His pictures were amazing too!

Happy Monday 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment