Tuesday, July 14, 2020

More Masks!


I made my Dad some masks that have elastic that hook over the ears and he almost lost his hearing aid when he pulled the mask off!  The elastic hooked on the hearing aid and pulled it off too, outside 😬. Luckily he found it!  Anyway, the challenge was to make a mask that was easy for him to get on and off, that had elastic around the head and not the ears.  My husband and I both really like this mask pattern the best of all the ones I've made (you can find the pattern here: https://projectprotect.health/assets/files/homemade-cloth-face-mask-assembly-guide.pdf ), although it does call for elastic that hooks around the ears.  
So, my brother sent me this cool cording, with the slide closures that made these masks extra awesome.  My Dad was having trouble tying a mask behind his head, but with these, he can just slide the gizmo up the cording until it's snug and comfy! Since the cording is stretchy, once he gets it adjusted the way he likes it, he can just pull it off and put it on without even adjusting the slide.  They're so cool, I had to make one for my husband, my brother and myself too.  Got them in the mail today!
Oh, also, sometimes it's just nice to have the mask hanging around your neck so you have easy access to it when you need it.  This mask meets that criteria too.  Love it!
❤️


My husband is modeling it so you can see how nicely it fits 😊



1 comment: