Monday, July 13, 2020

Dishes



Back in the Fall I took a class on curved piecing using this "Dishes" pattern, at the Garden of Quilts show in Utah.  I got a few blocks done in the class and then there it sat for several months.  Last week I pulled it out, determined to finish.  It calls for a Layer Cake, which I hardly ever use (I don't use or buy a lot of pre-cuts), and when I started making more blocks I realized I was going to be a "layer cake short" for the size quilt the pattern calls for.  I did have a layer cake of Kaffe fabrics, so pulled some of those and ended up with two smaller quilts that can be crib or lap quilts.



I have them all pinned and ready to quilt!
While I was at it, I pinned my Toned Down Circle Sampler, so it's ready to quilt too!
I'm a little nervous, as there is not much space in between these heavily embellished circles.
Wish me luck! 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment