Saturday, September 26, 2020

Are You a Rule Follower?

Above is my finished first block of the Squash Squad and I love it!  I followed the directions exactly and I'm happy with it.  Below is a picture of someone's first Squash Squad block and she didn't follow the directions exactly and I love it too!  I don't think there is anything wrong with being a "rule follower", but when it comes to creativity I feel that sometimes I do need to stretch myself a bit!  Maybe with the next few blocks I'll try a little harder to put more of "myself" into them.  It's easier just to follow the instructions though! 😬. Well, it'll be a good challenge - I'll keep you posted!



Above is Shock Wave!  This was a quilt kit purchased from Ricky Tims awhile ago.  I finished piecing the top yesterday.  I like how it turned out!  It's a throw size, so I think it will be fun to quilt.  I'm already planning the quilting designs out in my head 😊

Below, is my birthday present to myself.  I saw this Block of the Month advertised this summer and ... what??  Look at all that orange!!  I just fell in love with it and had to sign up.  It comes from Australia though, so while the second block was just shipped, I just received my first 😂.  Can hardly wait to get started! ❤️

Another recent purchase was this Bead Embroidery book.  I've been adding more beads to my embroidery lately, so I thought these samples and ideas would come in handy!

Have a wonderful weekend! 😊🌷



 

No comments:

Post a Comment