Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Knitting

I forgot to mention in yesterday's post The Loome (above).  I used it to make the vines on last week's squash.  It really brought me back to my macrame days in the 70's!  Did anyone macrame hanging pot holders for every member of their family?? 😂

This little vine was made using size 8 Perle Cotton, so much tinier than the thick twine I used to use. So fun though!  Then I couched it down in the shape I wanted my vine to be.

You can find out more about The Loome here:

https://www.suespargo.com/store-detail.php?ID=4047



Last January I started a 12 month knitting class.  We knit a different block each month, to learn several different techniques.  I learned SOOOOO much and had such a great time making these blocks.

Yesterday I finished sewing them together to complete my afghan. It's so pretty and so soft, I just love it. A big shout out to Ann, who taught the class and ended up having to finish teaching by email (like I have with the Stitch Book).  She did such a great job making that work... obviously, I mean look how nice mine turned out, right?? 😂  It's so pretty!!  I love it!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Hope you're having a really great day!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment