Saturday, November 21, 2020

Stitch Page #12

This week I emailed out the last stitch page for the Stitch Book class that began last January, back when we thought we would all get together every month and work on these 🤪. I remember last Spring when they asked us to stay at home for two weeks to "slow the spread" of the virus.  At the time I thought it sounded kind of nice to not have to go anywhere for two whole weeks!  Think of what I could get done!  And now.... here we are months later, facing holidays without loved ones and things seem even worse.  I let myself get rather down this week thinking about it all and then I watched this video that reminded me of all of the good things in life, and all that we have to be grateful for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i51gcWCs-Ho

President Nelson asked us to, for the next seven days, share on social media what we are thankful for, using the hashtag #givethanks.  I realize that by sharing what we're thankful for, others might be uplifted, but the biggest benefit is to ourselves because it helps us focus on the positive things in life and not the negative. On Instagram I'm focusing on what I'm thankful for in general.  Here on my quilting blog, I decided to think about and focus on what I'm thankful for in the quilting world.  So scroll to the bottom each day to see something new I will post with gratitude 😊.



Below is Beth's latest stitch page!  Way to go Beth!  I think she is pretty much caught up!!



#givethanks for FRIENDS!!  The biggest benefit by far of the quilting world for me has been all of the wonderful friendships I've made and developed over the 25+ years I've been quilting. Quilters are the most wonderful people and I've been so blessed to get to know and enjoy friendships so many wonderful women.  I have really missed them the past few months, our guild meetings, our classes, our lunch dates etc.  Here's hoping for a vaccine and cure to this virus so we can get together again soon.                                              Be safe and healthy friends. 🙏❤️😊




 

No comments:

Post a Comment