Monday, November 23, 2020

Squash Squad Almost Finished!

This weekend I worked on the last of the Squash Squad blocks - a Sue Spargo project on Instagram. So, pictured above is Block #9 and pictured below are all nine blocks sewn together.

Then it was time to decide what to do about a border...



I decided to add a small black border (I cut the border strips at 1 3/4 inches), then I carried some of the background embellishments from the blocks out into the border.  I'm really happy with it!  Now a pretty Fall backing and some black binding and I'll get ready to quilt it.  The whole thing measures about 18 inches sqaure - a perfect little wall hanging for Fall šŸ


Below is Michelle's Block #9, done in mirror image and with a pretty colorful little caterpillar!


Here are her  nine blocks all laid out, as she contemplates how she wants to do the quilt top.  I'll have to post a picture when she gets the top all done!


I just had to share this picture Lisa posted on Instagram.  She did her squash all on a cream background and embellished a fancy border with leaves, vines, flowers and bees.  I love it!


This brings me to giving thanks - this time to QUILT TEACHERS, who share their creativity, their designs, their time and talent.  I have learned so much over the years from many different quilt teachers.  This Squash Squad project was provided for free on Sue Spargo's Instagram and website.

❤️❤️ #givethanks to all the wonderful quilt teachers out there!! ❤️❤️



 

2 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job and so quickly. Love how the border came out. Thank you for sharing this little quilt and all the others. This should motivate me to finish mine, thank you!

    ReplyDelete