Thursday, December 3, 2020

Virtual Quilt Festival

Welcome to the Houston International Quilt Festival!

Today theVirtual International Quilt Festival began and it runs through Saturday.  You can attend the festival for only $10 (see all the quilts and visit the vendor mall), and you can attend lectures and classes virtually as well.  Today I had my first two lectures.  The first one was with Paula Nadelstern (you can see her up in the top right corner).  She talked a lot about fabric, templates, and design choices.  It was very informative and I learned a lot.  She also had a Q&A at the end of her lecture.  I missed my second lecture because of the time difference - it started at 5PM my time.  But they will post the video of it, so I'll still be able to see it, and watch any of them over again if I want to.   My hubby will be happy that I got to go to the Quilt Festival and attend four lectures for only $50 😊  


I've also started viewing the quilts, but as with the real show in Houston, it's going to take me awhile to get through them all!  I'm feeling inspired already.  Quilt shows are awesome and this one is no exception.

Join in the fun!!

Old Fashion Ferris Wheel by Allie Brown

 

No comments:

Post a Comment