Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Squash Squad Finished!

I finished quilting the two small quilts - now I will begin working on the larger ones.

One of the small quilts is the Squash Squad, that was a Stitch Along with Sue Spargo on Instagram in the Fall.  I LOVE this little quilt! I can hardly wait to hang it up somewhere, but it is a Fall quilt so.... it'll be a few months. 😊🍂

I quilted this quilt with black thread and since you can't really see the quilting anyway, I kept it minimal and simple.  For this little quilt, the quilting is not the star of the show, the embellishments are what you see and what you want everyone else to see (I mean how could you miss them, right?)  Anyway, that made the quilting simple because it hardly even shows!


This little quilt was as fun to make as it is to look at! 😊❤️


I cannot yet show the other quilt as it was a Sue Spargo BOM for 2020 and we can't post pictures online until she publishes the pattern.  I am showing a peek of the border, because I didn't use the border she designed. I made a different one, which suited my purpose for the quilt better.  Had fun quilting this one too!  Next up is Folk Tails, which is also heavily embellished, so the quilting will not be intricate or detailed on that one either.  Nothing to detract from those embellishments, hopefully!

Have a great day!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment