Saturday, January 9, 2021

Swedish Weaving

You may remember about a year ago, several friends and myself were taking Swedish Weaving classes at the Black Sheep Handworx Studio from Linda Scheve.  We learned to make dish towels on Monks cloth, and it was so amazing because the thread doesn't show on the back at all!  

Well, my friend Becky has become so addicted, she even made a blanket for a Christmas gift this year!  This looks absolutely amazing!  I thought I was done with dish towels, but a blanket, I may just have to try...  She said she purchased the Monks cloth for the blanket from Monks Cloth Lady, and that you use yarn as the thread for weaving.  It just looks so soft and comfy. ❤️



She also made this beautiful table runner, that looks very complicated to me! She used a material called Stockholm and a size three thread for weaving.  This pattern looks so complicated, I'm not at all sure how she did it!  Way to go Becky - I love both of these!! ❤️❤️šŸ˜Š




 

1 comment:

  1. Aw....thanks Karen! These two items were really no harder to do than the dishcloths - honestly. The blanket was a little more time consuming, but not difficult at all. You need to try one - they are fun! The table runner went fairly quickly - I was surprised I finished it in a a few days! Fun stuff ladies - give it a try!

    ReplyDelete