Thursday, February 18, 2021

Quilt Con Has Begun!!

Abstract 10 by Cheryl Degan

Quilt Con started today!  Actually, yesterday evening I "attended" (virtually) the Awards Ceremony and the rest of the show opened this morning.  This morning I went on a tour of World Quilts, from the International Quilt Museum in Lincoln, NE with Mary Fons, and this afternoon I attended a lecture by Jennifer Carlton Bailly on Secondary Designs.  Everything has been fabulous.  I've only looked at 50 of the almost 500 quilts so far.  What is fun about it, is you can set it up like a slide show and as a new quilt comes up, you hear the voice of the maker telling about the quilt and the inspiration behind it!  So, I'm taking my time enjoying that.  I have permission to post some pictures as long as I give credit to the makers, so here are some standouts (for me) of the first 50 that I've looked at.  Enjoy!


Whirl by Diane Wespiser


Amish Quilt Study #2 by Natalie Skinner


Watercolor Study #6 by Audrey Esarey


Wishbone by Steph Skardal


Passing Through but Claire Victor


Tumbling Down by Claire Victor


Abstraction Distraction by Barbara LI Wiseman


Mum's Garden by Yvonne Fuchs


Sour Puss by Steph Skardal


Shuttlecocks by Stephanie Bracelin


 

No comments:

Post a Comment