Friday, February 19, 2021

Feeling Inspired!

Q is for Quarantine by Renee Tallman (Really like the quilting!)

Today at QuiltCon I attended two events and viewed 100 more quilts.  The lecture this morning was very inspiring and interactive called "Design a Quilt in 5 Steps" by Latifah Saafir:

https://www.latifahsaafirstudios.com

She taught us the principles which she said we all do, probably without even realizing it, then she shared her screen and we designed a quilt, with a lot of input from the attendees!  It was amazing, really, to see it come together in 30 minutes!

Trellis Pop by Susan Braverman

The second event was a Q&A with Jen Kingwell, zooming in all the way from Australia.  What a fun, talented, creative quilter!  I had such a good time learning more about her. I even had to go purchase a couple of her patterns afterward.  I already have some of her fabric, of which I'm a huge fan, so I can hardly wait to get started on something!

https://www.jenkingwelldesigns.com


Balancing Act by Jeanne Treleaven


Garden Party by Tricia Young 

(The quilting REALLY becomes part of the design in this quilt.  She said she used a 28 weight thread for quilting.)


Rings by Debbie Jeske


Downstream by Yvonne Fuchs


Blue Wave by Lorraine Woodruff-Long

(I think I mostly like this one because of the quilted waves!)


Revolution by Geraldine M. Warner


Loom by Melissa de Leon Mason


Venice by Pia Tønneson


Heatwave by Linda Schmidt


Aerobics by Pat Forster


That's a Peel Breaker by Ben Millett


Bokeh by Yvonne Fuchs


 

No comments:

Post a Comment