Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Dog Ears are like Cellulite....

My friend Sheila just finished the quilt top above.  It looks like a LOT of work, but so pretty.  I need to do something like this with all of my leftover Civil War fabric.

I started a new quilt with Cherrywood hand dyed fabric that I'm quite excited about.  I love Cherrywood fabrics - they're so soft and pretty.  I think this quilt is going to be soft, pretty and fun!  All of the blocks are constructed the same, but with so many different colors!

Here are a couple of quotes from Kimberly Einmo, that I saw in the American Quilter magazine:

"Dog ears are like cellulite.  They leave lumps and bumps in places you don't want them!"

and

"No matter how alert you think you are, never, ever trim or square up your blocks after 9PM.  You will end up making mistakes late in the evening, and it just isn't worth the risk.  Ask me how I know.  It is much better to wait to square up your units when you are fresh, rested and there is a good natural light.  Trust me on this one."



 

No comments:

Post a Comment