Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Flower Meander

Week 3 of Angela Walter's Free Motion Quilting Challenge on YouTube!  Actually week 3 was last week, but I'm just now catching up before Week's Four videos tomorrow.  Angela demonstrated four different variations of the Flower Meander.  Mine aren't great, but I'm learning a lot, so I'll share them anyway.  If you want really great examples though, of course you need to go to her website!

https://quiltingismytherapy.com/free-quilt-patterns-and-tutorials/free-motion-challenge-quilting-along/flora-foliage-fmq-challenge/week-3-flower-meander/

The photo above is the Echo Flower Meander.  Stitch a row of petals, echo, stitch another row of petals and echo.  In the bigger flowers in the middle it shows up better, some of the lines of stitching are closer together than others.


Above is echoing petals to fill the whole space instead of doing several flowers within the design.


The red section above is the Serpentine Flower, which I've never done before, but I LOVE, so will for sure do again and again. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Below is the whole quilt so far...





Above is the Wavy Line Flower Meander - not my favorite.  I'm sure I just need practice, but mine just looks like stippling.
Below is the Basic Flower Meander - and yes, I still need a lot of practice on this one too!

My FAVORITE of the week is the Serpentine Flower!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Go watch her videos and you'll be hooked too 😊. Have a great day!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment