Thursday, April 29, 2021

Pebbles

In the light area above, I quilted some more serpentine flowers with the Loopy Meander.


This afternoon I caught up on this weeks' free motion quilting tutorial - Pebbles!

https://quiltingismytherapy.com/free-quilt-patterns-and-tutorials/free-motion-challenge-quilting-along/flora-foliage-fmq-challenge/week-4-pebbles/

Pebbles have never been one of my favorite designs to quilt, because mine never turn out well.  But with Angela's tutorial I think I may have figured it out!  I'm happy with these!


Above, I combined pebbles with the Leafy Meander.

Below are my basic pebbles, in three of the areas.  This is what I started with - my pictures are just out of order.  These look far better than any pebbles I've ever quilted before.  They key - quilt in different directions - a clockwise pebble, then a counter clockwise pebble.  And don't be afraid to quilt over previous stitches!



Above, pebbles combined with Echo Flowers

Below, pebbles combined with Echo Flowers and Leaves

Fun, fun, fun!!  What are you working on??

šŸ˜Š



 

No comments:

Post a Comment