Monday, November 1, 2021

Houston International Quilt Festival!!

My friend Michelle and I went to the Quilt Festival in Houston last week!  We had a ton of fun and saw many amazing quilts.  I was looking to be inspired and I certainly was!

Over the next couple of weeks I will share pictures of some of the amazing quilts we saw.  I didn't take pictures of them all, but I took a lot of pictures (as usual)!



This picture was taken Wednesday morning before the show opened that night.  It wasn't as crowded, as was to be expected, but that was kind of nice in its own way.  There were still plenty of quilts to view and plenty of vendors to shop! 😬




 Wednesday during the day (after the morning tornado warning!) we attended a machine quilting forum and were taught by six different machine quilters, showing their work and giving us tips and tricks.  This is a picture of Jenny Lyon.  I actually went to her lecture later in the day as well, while Michelle was taking a class from Judith Baker Montano.  At the forum they were giving out door prizes and Michelle won a goody bag FULL of wonderful things!

All of the quilts below are the work of Jenny Lyon:

https://quiltskipper.com






 

No comments:

Post a Comment