Sunday, September 16, 2018

Finally Off The Shelf!



Awhile ago I posted pictures of two quilt tops that my Aunt sent me in the hopes of getting them quilted.  They had been sitting on her shelf for many years!  I took them to Julie Silber's workshop and she told me they were both probably made in the 60's or 70's.  Both were hand pieced. I quilted the Double Wedding Ring quilt and my aunt has received that one.  You can see pictures of it here:
http://sf2q.blogspot.com/search?q=new+life+to+an+old+quilt

My sister-in-law Cathie has a long arm machine quilting business and she quilted this Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.  It turned out awesome!!  This quilt was hand pieced by Eva Howard, my Aunt's mother-in-law.  Cathie did such a beautiful job on the quilting, my Aunt is going to love it!  I put the binding on this week and it's on its way!  She's going to finally be able to use it after all these years.
Big thanks to Cathie at "Quilting Happens Here!"  Her contact info is below:


We've been lucky enough to have this cute little lady staying at our house this week (and her Mom too!) We've had such fun.  She is the sweetest of sweethearts.

I was worried that I didn't have enough toys but we've found lots of my kids old toys for her to play with.  One was this puppet theater my Mom made for my kids years ago.  You just hang it in the doorway with a springy curtain rod.  We still have some fun puppets too!

A trip to the Farmer's Market on Saturday at Cross Orchards ended up being way more fun than I even thought it would be.  We tasted many flavors of honey, took a train ride around the farm and orchards and she posed for a picture in the old fire truck.

So much fun - I feel so blessed to be a Grandma :)


No comments:

Post a Comment