Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Garden of Quilts


Last week I went to the Garden of Quilts in Lehi, Utah, at the Ashton Gardens at Thanksgiving Point. I had such a good time!  The best part for me was enjoying the event with my daughters, Michelle and Megan. 😁💗
This was the first year but it sounds like they plan on making it an annual event.  The fabric company, Riley Blake, hosted the event along with several other sponsors, including Karen Ashton from Ashton Gardens, who displayed her own quilt collection.
There were over 1000 quilts in the most beautiful garden settings.  I'll share some pictures in the coming days.  Everywhere you walked, there were quilts everywhere - so beautiful.  The quilts hung for three days outdoors!  That made me nervous, but I guess they were OK.  Luckily the weather was beautiful and some were in tents, but besides the weather, I would worry about a bird pooping on them! Hopefully that didn't happen!

Megan and I took turns taking classes and taking care of #1 Granddaughter!  Megan took a class Thursday afternoon with Lori Holt (no relation...) and had a wonderful time starting on her Teapot Quilt!  She got a kit with beautiful fabrics in the cute little teapot box and as you can see, she got her first block done!


Thursday evening, we had a girls' night out, starting with going out to dinner and then going to the Jenny Doan (Missouri Star Quilt Company) trunk show.  You can see, in the photo below, that it was in an outdoor amphitheater in such a beautiful setting, with a waterfall behind.  We brought our camp chairs and blankets and enjoyed a relaxing time.  Jenny told some hilarious, and touching, stories of how she got started in the quilting industry.  FYI, she has over 700 free quilting tutorials online!
https://www.missouriquiltco.com



I need to learn to read the fine print better.  I thought the event started at 6:00 PM.  We were a little late getting there but the trunk show actually started at 7:00 PM and we were just in time for the Meet the Maker event, where we got to meet the teachers and see their goods.

I almost signed up for an EPP class from Sue Daly (she's from Australia) but I changed my mind...  I did buy one of her patterns, and the paper pieces to make it, at this event though, and it was fun to meet her!

Michelle works during the day but I'm glad she could go to the event Thursday evening with us.  She found a Buttermilk Basin project that she wants to make!  A FUN, FUN evening!  More tomorrow 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment