Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Stitch Palettes

Do you have your Christmas decorations down yet?  My husband and I did that last weekend.  He also helped me change out a couple of quilts in two quilt hangers upstairs. (Do you have quilts hanging all over your house??  We do!  He's very patient 😊)

It's nice to have some fresh quilts to look at!  The hanger above is in a bedroom upstairs and for years the same quilt has been hanging there, a Loan Star quilt that I made in a class at Quilter's Corner a long time ago.  We hung one of my Sue Spargo Block of the Month quilts - Forest for the Trees, which I finished almost a year ago (and its been safely tucked away under the bed in that room all this time!  Time to get it out!)

The hanger in the picture below is in my sewing room and for quite some time I've had a TQS block of the month by Janet Stone hanging there, now my Homegrown BOM is hanging there, another Sue Spargo BOM.  It brightens up my sewing room and also got this quilt out from under the bed 😂.

I did not sign up for Sue's BOM this year and I'm glad.  Not only am I running out of places to hang quilts, but I have a lot of other things I want to work on this year.  I will also be making the vases quilt in her class, which is quite a bit smaller, but enough for me to work on this year.  I do know of two of my friends who've signed up for her BOM this year, so I'm excited to see their progress, although no posting of pictures!  I am almost done with her BOM Lite from 2020, which I'm giving away to my son-in-law.  I'll post pictures of that when I can. 😊



If you have not heard of the Stitch Palettes website, do yourself a favor and go check it out!  If you are trying to pick out a color scheme for a new quilt or an embroidery project, these palettes can be so helpful!  The pictures are mostly from nature, which as we know, you can't get any better than God's handiwork! These are more helpful to me than a color wheel!  You have to know how to use a color wheel 😂, here the work is already done for you!  Here is the link to their webpage and you can sign up for a weekly newsletter to keep the inspiration coming.  Enjoy your day!!

https://stitchpalettes.com




 

No comments:

Post a Comment